How do I apply for the property I’ve just viewed?
• You should contact our office to confirm whether you are eligible, when you would like to move in & how long you want the tenancy for. We can then request approval from the Landlord to go ahead.
Holding Deposit £100 refundable holding deposit.
• The landlord has 15 days to make a decision once a holding deposit is taken.
• If the tenancy does not go ahead then the money must be repaid in full within 7 days of the deadline being reached or the landlord backing out.
• Repayment does not need to be in full if the tenant backs out of the tenancy agreement themselves, fails right to rent checks, has provided false or misleading information, or where the landlord tries their best to get the information needed but the tenant fails to provide it within the 15 days.
• If the tenancy does go ahead, the holding deposit must be returned within 7 days of agreement, unless it is converted into part payment of the actual deposit or used towards the initial rent payment.
• Whilst referencing is no longer chargeable to applicants, we will require each applicant to undergo referencing.
What information will the reference company need from me?
• Wage slips (2 years) or copy accounts if self-employed
• Current proof of address: bank/phone or utility statement
• Copy ID passport/driving licence
• Your Landlord & employer will be contacted for a reference
How long will my reference take?
• Normally just a few days but you should let your Landlord & employer know that LetAlliance will be contacting them for a reference to avoid any delays.
What else will I need to pay for?
• Most Landlords ask for 1 month’s rent plus a deposit (equivalent to 1 month’s rent) which you pay when you sign your tenancy agreement.
• You are responsible for paying for gas, electricity, water & Council Tax.
• We strongly recommend that you take out contents and liability insurance.
How do I pay my rent & deposit?
• Initially, your first month’s rent & deposit is paid by bank transfer. Thereafter all rent should be paid by Standing Order on the anniversary date of your tenancy. eg. you move in 5th January so rent is due on 5th of each month thereafter.
What appliances will there be left in the property?
• Please see the detail sheet provided at your viewing or contact the office to confirm. * at the time of printing